Wednesday, December 13, 2017

First Thoughts

This time I am going to start documenting one of my projects before I start. I promise to take pictures both before, during, and after.  I will include information that I think will be helpful to others should they decide to take on a project of this type.

It all started when I built the deck onto the house.  Then the Oak trees in front of the deck were blocking the view.  So, I spent the last week trimming the trees so that I can see the view from the deck.  I have promised my grandson that I would build him a treehouse.  We had chosen one particular tree, but now that I have spent so much time in the oak trees, I know that the view from one particular oak tree will be much more interesting, so I have consulted with him and he is cool with moving our fantasy treehouse to a new tree.  

I have purchase a book which appears to be a good starting point for working on this project. It is:
Treehouses  & Playhouses You Can Build by David & Jeanie Stiles, Gibbs Smith, Salt Lake City, 2006. You can order this book from the publisher if you cannot find it, at 800 835 4993.

No comments:

Post a Comment