Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Re-leveling the Treehouse

 I have been noticing that each year the treehouse is tilting more and more. As I indicated a few years ago, I had leveled the treehouse by jacking up one of the supports by about an inch.  Well, the time has come again for another re-leveling. However, this time, it was a little more difficult. I tried using my jack in the same manner as the leveling a few years ago, but there just wasn't enough power in it to raise the heavy structure.  So, a friend and I used two truck jacks.  That did the trick. We raised the support by about 5" and inserted a big wooden block.  So, in the nine years since the treehouse was built, it has been raised a total of about 6".  That's about 2/3" drop per year on average. Not too bad.

I also have another support, that I had to raise, but this one I handled using a winch to another branch.  The support at this end of the house was tilting, and by merely straightening it up with the winch, it corrected the leveling problem.  I then installed a cable to prevent that support from leaning in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment