Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Starting Construction of the Stairway to Heaven


I have now completed part of the stairway to the deck.  At ground level I have water tanks that have been cut into the hill.  I have covered the water tanks with decking.  From this lower deck I have now constructed a stairway to a platform that is hanging from the main treehouse deck above.  The shot above shows the stairs that I have constructed out of 4" (x8 ft.) fence poles.  Each side of the stairway is one pole. I have cut 1 1/2" off one side of each fence pole to form a flat side. I have taken the removed wood from each pole and cut them into slats for the stairway.


The stairway connects to the walkway that I have suspended from the deck above. I have again used 4" fence poles (8 ft.).  The walkway is about 12 feet long. I have cantilevered the walkway beyond the last support poles and out beyond the deck above.  The objective of the cantilever section is to construct a platform attached to the deck above and then connect the cantilevered walkway pictured above to the platform via another stairway identical to the one pictured above.


The shot above shows the six support poles extending below the deck and holding up the stairway.



The two shots above are of the walkway taken from each end.  In the second shot on the left you can barely make out the ladder coming up from below.

I have not installed railings yet, nor the second stairway to the deck above.

No comments:

Post a Comment