Friday, March 2, 2018

Further Thoughts on the Treehouse

It is raining and I won't be up in the tree for a few more days.  I have purchased the cedar shakes for the roof. I have been advised to soak the shakes to allow them to bend before I try to install them since the roof has a curve to it.

We have been working on painting all the windows before installation. I have purchased stainless steel hinges for them.

I am building a faux chimney for the roof to be installed before I put on the cedar shakes. I am considering facing the chimney with stone.

I have purchased caulk for sealing the siding so that moisture cannot enter the house.  I want to put down another layer on the floor inside the house.  I have been considering some nice hickory laminate. It will be easier than plywood and look better.  Keeping out the moisture will certainly be better for this kind of flooring.

I intend to use the 2" poles as trim for the windows and on the corners of the building. I will rip the poles in half for the windows, and take out 1/4 of the pole for the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment