Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Installing the Cedar Shakes



Another day up in the tree.  The cedar shakes are now installed. I still have to put on a final cap row at the peak. I am going to use the left over cedar from the deck boards to fashion those.  I had soaked the shakes during the rain of the last few days with the hopes that the shakes would bend to conform to the gentle curve of the roof, but, while they did bend some, they didn't bend enough.  Perhaps over the months and years to come they will bend more. Only time will tell.

I have picked out the stain for the siding and the trim. Next job is to install the siding. I have to make sure that I caulk the seams between the siding panels and also at the bottom and top so that moisture does not infiltrate into the house.  I intend to use indoor flooring inside the house. I will put down a layer of plastic so that there is less chance of water infiltration.

No comments:

Post a Comment